Pilgway has revealed a new version of 3DCoat.
The update adds support for Megascans materials, plus brings improvements to the Cloth tool and the live link to Blender. A 4.9.34 is the first one in the 4.9.x series that has been officially tagged as stable for production.
You can now use materials from Megascans Library - import downloaded Megascans materials as 3DCoat Smart Materials or as shaders.
The update also brings an intuitive-looking new Bend tool for you to work interactively by dragging the bend point in the viewport. A Bend Volume tool (beta) lets users distribute and deform geometry along a guide curve.
The team also states that 3DCoat’s Cloth tool is “now at a new level of quality and speed”.
- Possibility to bypass dialogs in Autopo menu.
- Completely new Alphas creation mechanism.
- 3DCoat imports external maps during PPP import in a much smarter way now. It recognizes gloss/roughness/metalness maps and puts them to the corresponding layers.
- Full path to the texture shown in the Smart Material's hint.
- If several UV sets use the same name, the user will be asked to rename, so the confusion could be avoided.
- Tweaking vertex position with RMB updates mesh normals correctly now.
- Correct text via F9 moved to the Help menu.
You can learn more here.